Sunday, November 20, 2005

A happy day

What a great and relaxing birthday!

This morning Wil took me and the J-man out for breakfast. Yummy sandwiches and great coffee in a decent environment. We sat and sipped out drinks and laughed at Jonas's antics until mid-morning. Then Jonas fell asleep in the car on the way home. He took an incredibly long nap, during which the hubby and I sat and daydreamed and just overall caught up on each other's lives. It seems like we spend so much of our time just passing each other by at the door that we sort of forget how important it is just to stop and reconnect sometimes.

We've both decided that once we get school out of the way and we have our degrees and whatnot, we want to move out of Florida. We're not really sure where to go, but the logical first place to start is somewhere that we already know someone. So since Wil has no interest in Tennessee, and since we totally fell in love with it last time we were there, we decided to start searching for houses in Oregon, near my brother. And we found it! Our dreamhouse! Here's a picture.



A beautiful old farmhouse built in 1900. Re-furbished sometime in the '90s. It's absolutely gorgeous, and at a reasonable price. I was telling my brother about it on the phone tonight. He told me that he'd go take a look at it, and if it was really worth having, he'd buy it. Heh, must be nice to have money, eh? :)

After Jonas woke up from his nap, we went to Granny and Daddy Daves for ribs and birthday cake and beer. Yum! Jonas LOVES Daddy Dave's ribs. As in, sucked the bones clean. I've posted barbecue pictures before, so I'll spare you this time, but it's really cute, especially considering the fact that he usually doesn't like meat at all.

There was nothing special about today. No big birthday celebrations, nothing fancy, but it was wonderful. Exactly how I like it. And just being able to relax and unwind for an afternoon and not think about anything serious: that was the greatest gift of all.

Oh, and I also got a really cool windchime thingy from my sister, and this really awesome new coffee maker


And a gift certificate for a haircut. (sorry, no picture available)

Tomorrow I leave work early to go to the fabulous Wiggles concert. I guess I should be getting J-man's bag ready. Can't leave home without a bag-o-snacks and a change of clothes. Now if only I could figure out a way to get milk to stay fresh in the car. Ugh.

Hope y'all had a great weekend as well. Oh, and Laura, the pies were excellent! I'll share details tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Laura said...

HOW DID I MISS YOUR BIRTHDAY????

sheesh. the 20th, right?

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

No big deal Laura, I almost missed it myself. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home