Monday, June 11, 2007

Pictures forthcoming

It's been a wild and wonderful weekend, and I don't even know where to begin with it. Brother and nephew came to town for the weekend, and that alone is enough to make it great, but add into it a trip to the cape to watch the shuttle launch, and a trip to Disney, and it makes for a lot of excitement. I won't be surprised if J-man sleeps until noon today.

The nephew is an amazing kid, and I'm not just saying that because he's my nephew, either. He's insanely smart, witty, and a sweet big cousin to Jonas. Of course there have been the squabbles and a few bouts of crying (mostly on J's part), but for an almost 4 year old and an almost 3 year old, things couldn't be any better.

I haven't even really had a chance to go through the pictures on my digital to see if I've got any decent ones, but once I do, you know I'll have to share at least a few. Right now I'm still trying to recover from carrying J through much of Disney. He didn't like the stroller riding much, and his legs just couldn't keep up with us. Right now my lower back and legs feel like they're filled with lead jelly, if that makes any sense. But it was well worth it.

And with all the good going on, there always has to be some drama, and that part is being played by my car. When we got home from Disney in the wee hours of Sunday morning, we discovered that, along with all the mechanical problems that were already on our list of things to fix, the air conditioner had conked out. Figures... first week we've had temperatures in the mid- to high nineties. Now, I can drive around and ignore the "change oil" light for a while, and the brakes needed doing, and it needed a tuneup, and there's a whole list of other stuff that was being neglected, and I probably sound really spoiled, but I cannot drive around with J-man and no a/c. That's just cruel. And so, almost $1000 later, I'm still carless, but once I get it back, it should be virtually new. But talk about bad timing!

Anyway, just a fly-by sort of post just to confirm that I haven't abandoned the blog entirely.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home