Friday, December 07, 2007

Faith Renewed

You may recall that Wil was robbed a few weeks ago outside his office. You may also recall my rant about you this city is rotten and full of disgusting people. What I didn't tell you about is how creepy it was knowing that there was some miscreant running about with not only my husband's entire identity in his hand, but also our address and, most creepy of all, family photos. It makes me shudder to think of some creep studying the lines of my son's face, maybe taking a little pride in how he's taken advantage of that smiling schmuch in the picture who's got his arm around his wife's shoulders.

Totally sick. And yet, oddly, I have very few qualms about sharing pictures here on my blog. Probably mainly because I know my audience, and I monitor my statcounter religiously. I know who's looking, and more importantly, who isn't.


Fast forward to this evening. We all arrived home at about the same time, and as I fed the critters and prepared to cook dinner (meaning sat down and read my email), J and Wil walked to the mailbox, returning with a suspiciously unmarked package. Just a simple largish, white envelope with the post office stamp as the return address. It had hubby's full name written in a sloppy and yet girlish script above the address, and inside was the unmistakable bulk of a wallet.

How sweet of someone to come upon the wallet, perhaps lying in an alleyway or along the side of the road, and take the time to stop at the post office to return it. Even sweeter was the fact that the family picture was there, right where it should be, and tucked neatly into the bill section of the wallet was every canceled credit card, insurance card, even the doctor's appointment reminder card.

There really are good souls out there, and it makes me feel somewhat guilty for ever losing my faith in humanity.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great. A present from the universe, probably in the heart of a young girl. :-)

Wallet thieves usually just take the money and cards, and throw the rest away somewhere.

You got back what you needed (faith).

Barbara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home