Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Just a quick revelation

It is finally cold enough here for me to want to wear something handknit and cozy. Of course, the one sweater I've knit is too short for me, but is being enjoyed by my sister, and the NaKniSweMo sweater is still just a skeins in waiting. But I did dig out my matching calorimetry and fetching this morning to make the trip to work a bit more comfortable.

Now I've read nothing but good things about fetching, and they are lovely, comfy, beautiful, but, and this is more of a problem with me personally than the design, my thumbs are cold. I know. I'm a weirdo. But seriously, I never thought my thumbs would be jealous of my wrists the way they are! I think I might have to knit a new pair, only with a complete thumb.

I'd also probably do a ribbing at the cast off instead of the picot edge. It's probably more of a yarn choice problem, but my picot likes to roll to the outside and seems a bit baggy. When it behaves, it really is cute, though.

Oh well, that's my revelation for the day. More on spinning when I have more time.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Matching calorimetry and fetching? Too cute. I wore my fetching today too. It was cold tis morning!!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger JessieLouDesigns said...

Hey ang, glad you had a great holiday!.. i would love to see your knitted work... J-man is getting sooo big.
love ya , jessie gay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home