Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Hooray for Cable!

Two more days and I'll be free of the dial-up ball and chain. I'm nearly drooling over the thought of high-speed internet. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve, face pressed to the glass of my bedroom, waiting for my own personal Santa to arrive in his brighthouse truck, bearing the gifts of cable-modem and DVR.

Seriously though, haven't I suffered long enough with dial-up? I sometimes feel like I'm the only one in the world that still depends on this archaic method of surfing the net. Of course, I know I'm not, but that's beside the point.

So all that's left to do now is justify the fact that we'll now be shelling out more than $100 a month to the cable company...

1. We don't go out to movies or fancy dinners.
2. I have no other hobbies that require monetary support.
3. Having high-speed will be beneficial to me once I begin doing transcription.
4. Doesn't my family deserve to get baby updates all the time? Wouldn't my son's pictures be better served by a high-speed connection?
5. We're cancelling the home phone line and the MSN account, which will actually save us more money a month than the roadrunner and the DVR will cost us.
6. I don't really watch all that much tv, and I find it impossible to read books with Jonas since I have to constantly stop and check on him, so this is really my only source of entertainment. (sad, I know)
7. I deserve it, dammit! And honestly, isn't that all the reason I need?

3 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Laura said...

We just got our cable internet too :) It's so great! And it's always on, never get booted. Love it.

And we got a deal. We're paying $56 a month for both internet and cable TV, because they were running a special :)

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Wow! $56 a month? Even on special, ours is $89. I guess it's just a market thing. Our cable tv alone is $65 a month. Ugh.

I'm seriously in love with this, though. It's worth every penny.

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to use Firefox, it'll mean much less pop-ups/spam/virus etc - since cable internet opens you up to more threats.

Cable internet is very cool. Now I just wish I had a better machine to play online games. Mind you, I have no idea where I'd find the time.

Oh, and we never seem to watch anything on cable TV. All our programs are on regular channels. Typical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home