Wednesday, April 06, 2005

A Trip Across America

My brother, sister-in-law and little nephew will be here in a few weeks. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. They live out in Oregon, couldn't be any farther apart if we tried. So it's rare that we actually find a way to get together.

They're taking this amazing trip across the country in their plane. You can follow their progress by checking out their blog at Trip Across America

My parents have the weekend planned so that we'll be taking all of the kids to Orlando to do the whole Disney thing. Sure, Jonas is too young to remember any of it, but really, who knows when we'll ever have an opportunity to do this again? So here I am, $48 to my name and thousands of dollars worth of repairs needing to be done, and I'm already planning all the souvineers that we'll surely have to get. I mean, who goes to Disney and DOESN'T buy their kid a set of mouse ears? And all those pictures they take of you on the rides and at the gates, and being groped by some guy in a costume... you just HAVE to have those too, right? Geez, those Disney folks... marketing geniuses.

Seriously though, I can't wait for them to get here. My brother and his wife are the best parents I've ever met, and I guess in some ways, I idolize them. Just having them around helps me feel more confident about my own parenting abilities.

Speaking of which, Jonas is just about to turn himself upside down in his exersaucer in order to reach the toy he dropped. Gotta go.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I LOVED Disneyland! And I went for the first time when I was seventeen :) I want to go again though before we have kids; it's just so big and there's so much I didn't get to see - and then of course we'll have to go tons of times when we have kids too.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

You know, I loved it when I was 7 or 8 and went for the first time. A few years back, my little sis came to visit, and we decided to take her. Every kid should go to Disney at least once in their lives. She thought it was totally lame, and after being there for about two hours, wanted to leave. Of course, for $50 a ticket, we stayed until they closed the place down!
I have to admit, it seems to have lost some of it's magic.

If you want some real fun, I think Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are your best bet.

When you and Jim get some vacation time, come on down, we'll do all the parks and you can decide for yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home