Monday, August 07, 2006

Birthday Week Begins

We're six days from the big birthday and I feel like I'm completely unprepared! Sure, I've got the cake design chosen. Of course, it's been through several sanity-saving revisions over the past week. And I've got the goodie bag stuff, although I'm not expecting very many little kids- Steven and one of his friends, Devi who is too young to give a crap, and a perhaps three other kids, but they have yet to RSVP, so I'm not holding my breath. It's a shame, too, because I've got killer goodie bag filler! (BTW, if you're school supply shopping, Wal-Mart has RoseArt crayons on sale for 8 cents for a pack of 24! I thought that was insanely cheap.

Anyway, grocery list is made, and the parents have offered to purchase them. How can I turn that down when Wil doesn't get paid until the day before the party?! Very cool of them, so thank you Granny and Daddy Dave!

We've got the Thomas the Train birthday shirt for him to wear, we've got the decorations, we've got the presents, well, most of them. We've still got to get the aquarium, but that'll happen on payday, and of course, along with the aquarium we'll need the fish and the gravel and the plants and all the other things that come along with owning "bubbles", which is what J-man calls them.

I'm finally giving in and taking him to get his 'fro cut sometime this week, too. It's really become so big that it's unmanageable. I'm going to miss those cute little spirals that bounce when he runs, but he's not going to miss the torture of me brushing the knots out of it every day. I'm hoping to preserve the curls, for the most part, just shorten them a little and maybe take some of the bulk out of the back. We found one of those cutesy little kid haircut places up in Vierra last weekend and have decided it'll be worth the splurge to have the distraction of television and other kiddie things while someone's hacking away at what he considers the most sensitive part of his body. Seriously, to hear his scream while I detangle, you'd think I was murdering the poor child. Of course, my mom swears I was the same way. I don't believe her. :)

We wanted to do the obligatory 2 year portraits as well, but we're going to have to cheat and do them post-birthday, but that's ok. I mean, how much does a child change in a week, anyway?

Ok, so it's nearly 8, I hear that the munchkin is awake and trying his damndest to wake his father, too. Heh, I love it! Y'all have a great day.

4 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

I can totally relate to birthday week stress! I can't wait to see the cake and everything, though. And the HAIRCUT!!! Eeeeek! :)
I hate it when people don't rsvp--even if it is a kid's party. Geez!
Oh, and EIGHT cent crayons? How is that even possible? (Not that I would take incredible advantage of those prices, though.)

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

I've only had one true RSVP, and that was from Mr. Jim. There are a few folks invited that NEVER RSVP, but always come, so I'm just assuming that's the case here.

Yeah, eight cent crayons. I bought them out! I mean, with as many crayons as we lose under the couch or to the stupid chewing dog, even if we have no kids at the party, we can always use them. And it's not like they're going to go bad or anything. :) I was looking for some of those little packs like they give you at restaurants with just the four colors or whatever to toss in the goody bags with a couple of train printouts, but how could I pass up the 24 packs at that price?!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Eve said...

6 days?! I'm gonna miss it by a day or two. Seriously, I'm getting there on the 14th... I think, I haven't bought the ticket just yet, it's actually what I'm online to do right now. (Up in Michigan right now visiting family) But I will come down and bring a late gift... if that's ok with you. :-) Oh, and I LOVE J-man's haircut!!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Awww Eve. Jonas doesn't need any more presents, I was just reaching for a great excuse to get together with you and Anthony.

Call me when you get here and you're all settled in. We'll get together one way or the other. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home