Monday, July 31, 2006

Back in Business... sort of...

Ok, so I've lost just about everything as far as computer stuff goes. We had to format the hard drive and because the computer was so unstable, we were only able to save the very most important things- like J's pictures, and all of my medical stuff pertaining to classes. Even that was a struggle, and it was actually humorous watching us go from trying to burn to cd, then trying to e-mail files to ourselves, then trying to load it onto an old PDA- but the computer would only give us 5 minutes-tops- at a time before crashing again. Ugh.

And now I'm busying myself today by downloading all of the stuff that we lost- realplayer, all the patches since Windows ME was released. I'm setting my email account up again.

Who knew that restoring a computer would be so similar to a natural disaster- you start back with nothing. But this will soon feel like home again, I'm sure.

All that said, and my whole point was to tell you that one of the things that I lost was my address book. So, if you enjoy hearing from me occasionally, please take a second and email me at mommyleek at cfl dot rr dot com so that I can put you back where you belong.

Thanks!

3 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger me said...

Will do, hon and hope everything's back to normal post haste!

luv,
Mikey

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Windows ME is a steaming pile of crap. Bill Gates should be thrown in jail for releasing such a shoddy OS. If it happens again you'd be better off buying an old copy of windows 2000 - its actually more stable than the ME update. Or you could just buy a Mac :)

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Jim, I know it's a piece of crap, but it's what came with this computer, and it's what we've got. So we make due with it. One day we will upgrade. One day we will have a new computer, too. :) Maybe even a Mac. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to go to the dark side. :) It's a comfort thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home