Friday, July 28, 2006

Radio Silence

My computer has finally gone and given up the ghost. Blue screen of death. I've most likely lost all of my most recent (as in last four or five months) pictures of Jonas as well all of my medical transcription notes and all of my word lists and study guides. Ugh. I'll admit, I'm not the best when it comes to backing my stuff up, despite several instances where I've been regretful. I mean, that's why we have computers, right? To store our information.

Anyway, this blog will likely be pretty quiet over the next who knows how long. A new computer isn't exactly in our budget right now. We might be able to fix it, but I'm not holding my breath. I've left hubby and a bottle of rum to work on it and I'm over at the parents house. Giving him some breathing room, and shielding J's ears from the onslaught of profanity that comes along with things like computer repairs. :)

So, my hand full of faithful readers, have a wonderful weekend, and a wonderful everything. I'll be back when I get back.

3 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Computer problems--not fun. I hope that yours is minor and gets remedied quickly. I enjoy your writing.

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Eve said...

aww. crap Angie. I hope you guys are able to fix it soon!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Mother Raven said...

I hope you can fix it but if not there is some good news. Unless your hard drive itself locked up (has some kind of physical damage) all of your data is there. If you need to re-install your operating system, buy a new hard drive to do that so you will not lose your data in the reformatting that needs to be done when re-installing Windows. Then when you have a computer up and running you can plug in the old drive as a data drive and access everything you need.

But you probably knew that already.

Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home