Thursday, July 27, 2006

More knitting news

I finished off my second pair of socks today and I have to tell you, I'm in love with the short-row heels and toes. They seem so much easier, and feel less bulky. Because I over-bought for my mock crocs I went ahead and used up the left-over yarn from that project to make a pair of little footies. Thanks Amanda for the pattern!

These aren't bad for a second pair of socks, but I still seem to be having trouble with grafting. Good thing these are for me! But seriously, before I go making socks for anyone else I think I'm going to have to practice some more.

I started a new project today which I can't reveal since I intend to send it to someone as a gift eventually. But I'll give you this hint- it's my first project including cables. Yay cables!

And I also received in the mail last night a couple of patterns I won off of ebay which will also turn into gifts, providing I get them done before Christmas. :)

You see, last year my brother and sister-in-law decided that they were going to make hand-made gifts for everyone for Christmas. I was so impressed and inspired by their efforts and the beautiful results, that I've decided that I'm going to try and do the same thing. So, if I don't get busy on it right now, lord knows I'll never get it all done. I'm excited about it, but also heading into it with some trepidation since I know how horrible I am at letting things slide until the last minute.

But I've made good headway so far, I think. I've already picked out patterns for everyone, and I've already started the first, and it's still July. So between my Christmas knitting, and they Mystery Sock KAL that I've joined, I should be in good with to works in progress for quite some time.

I like having an idea of what I'm going to be working on next. It gives me a reason to really buckle down and get to work on whatever is currently on the needles.

Anyway, that's the update. And so, with J off visiting with Abuela for a little while today, I'm going to get back to work on this current secret project.

1 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing your second pair of socks! I'd love to see a picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home