Monday, August 28, 2006

Flipping Mother Nature the Bird




Two years ago this weekend we were in the process of evacuating for hurricane Frances. The picture above is of a three-week-old Jonas, in his carseat, stuck in evacuation traffic, and telling us what he truly thought of the situation. I swear that it was not posed at all.

And here we are, two years later, preparing for yet another storm to blow through.

I'm not exactly bursting with anxiety over this one, since it's a relatively small storm, even if it does strengthen like the weatherman predicts. But I do have some concerns- like the shed door that still hasn't been repaired. Will it withstand another storm, or will it, and the entire freakin shed blow away? And the tree out front that isn't exactly looking healthy anyway. If it falls, will it land right on our brand new roof?

But those are matters for the insurance company, right?

So, I'll go and round up all those things that could be potential missiles- like J's slide and wagon, and I'll put them somewhere safer. And I'll get together our important paperwork and put it somewhere waterproof. Other than that- I'm not going to sit here and stress out over it.

3 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger me said...

Really, REALLY funny, Ang. LOL! I hear Ernesto's been downgraded. Prayers are being said, hon for you and yours. . . .

my love to you

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sending good wishes for you and your family. You never know what storms can do, as my namesake demonstrated.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Take care, honey! We'll be thinking about you & the rest of the FL crowd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home