Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I just realized


that I haven't shown you guys a picture of the house since we finished painting it. I took one just now, after I finished doing a half-assed cutting of the grass. I just wanted to knock it down a little before we get all the rain tomorrow. That way it won't be a big soggy beast when it's time to cut again. I also need to pull out some dead tomato plants and trim some of the other plants- but that's for another day.

So, the color ended up being more terracotta-ish than I really had intended for it to be, but I'm not disappointed at all. And Randy did a great job of it, for a great price. Once we're back in the money again I'm going to hire him to do some other odd jobs around the place. And then, maybe, just maybe, we'll begin our porch sometime before Christmas! Yay! It's going to go there where the front door is and extend out from there about 10 or 12 feet. It'll have to be just a slab for a while, and we'll probably get one of those freestanding gazebo things that are so popular right now as a temporary mosquito barrier until we can actually roof it and screen it. But either way, it'll be nice to have an outdoor space to enjoy.

Ok, time to get my stinky butt in the shower- I literally just finished the yard! And then it's off to pick up the munchkin.

3 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Erin said...

i LOVE this color Ang! It's beautiful. still sending anti-storm thoughts your way! *hug*
~E

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Wow, it looks great!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Eve said...

I know you're quite a bit further south-east of where I'm at, and hope that the storm doesn't hit you too hard. It would figure that a week after I get here I get to experience a storm. Heck, a week before I left Hawai'i I had to deal with Hurricane Daniel (which downgraded to a storm by the time it hit) Maybe I'm bad luck or something?

I don't know, but your house looks STUNNING. You need to post some comparison pics though, cause even though I remember seeing pictures, I dont really remember how it looked.

Anyway, just thought I'd swing by and say HI, I know, I'm rambling. Can't wait to meet you guys!! I'll let you know as soon as I get my car!!!
Eve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home