Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Catching my breath

Yes, it's true. Vacation is over for us. We arrived home last night, just in time to catch a few hours of sleep before I had to go to work today. Since then it's been a whirlwind of things to accomplish-- mainly getting the dogs home from the kennel and restocking the fridge a little.

On top of that, we're having to shop for a new washing machine. Ours is on it's last leg. It still washes, but refuses to rinse, so it's pretty useless. Man! If it ain't one thing, it's another.

And this week is "Teacher Appreciation Week" at J's school, so I just had to whip up a little goodie for him to take with him tomorrow for his teachers. I also picked up a couple of little things for the classroom that was on his teacher's wish list. I feel like a bad parent, not having the time to sit down and do cute little hand-made cards and stuff, but honestly, I just don't have it in me. J hates to color, and has no interest in making anything, and it's not worth the fight to MAKE him do it. So, it's homemade cookie bars from him. Good enough, considering I've been on my feet for almost 20 hours straight now.

More upbeat stuff to come, I promise, including some pics from our trip and a brief narrative. But first... a shower and some sleep!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Michele said...

That sucks about the washer. We got ours for cheap about 2 years ago from a place in Cocoa. Wait, just found the reciept (wow) its called Affordable Appliance and we paid $275 for a washer and dryer that work great. They deliver for cheap and there is a warranty for a year, and cheap repair after that. sorry to sound like a commercial, but it was a great deal. Call them, 321-631-5544. And if you can make it, I would love to get together tomorrow. Maybe we can go to a park so you can bring J and give Will a break :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home