Thursday, April 02, 2009

So much for frequent blogging

Gaah! It's not that I don't enjoy blogging anymore, it's just that there are these things that I must do... like sleep, eat, clean house. While not nearly so much fun, they sort of demand my attention while the blog sits here ever so patiently.

Apologies to all 3 of my regular readers for not being as diligent as I should. I really do love that you take the time to come here and read the junk I post.

So, without further ado-- the latest rundown.

J continues to grow like a weed. Seriously! I had no idea that I'd given birth to a linebacker, but apparently I have.

The boy loves him some Popeyes!

Every day he amazes me with his intelligence and curiosity. He still loves to play his 'worst case scenario' games with me. "Mama, what if...", and then when that question gets answered, its "but what if..., and then "but what if, butwhatif, butwhatif, butwhatif". It's almost become a singular word. I think it's cool that his mind is working so hard a processing all the possible options involved in everything, but sometimes it's too much!

Still, I love those long conversations with him and wouldn't trade them for anything.

I've beek crocheting my hands numb over the past month, too. All in an effort to finish this sweater that I wanted to make for myself. Just about everything I've ever made has been given away, so it was time to be just a tad self-indulgent. I found a pattern I loved, Genevieve, and set to work in hopes of finishing it before our Easter vacation to TN. That way I might stand a chance of getting to wear it before next year. Well, I finished it, and it's quite pretty, but it looks like I'll be giving this one away, too... providing I can find someone it fits. The construction of the garment is a little odd. You start at the bottom edge of the back, work in one piece all the way to the bottom of the fronts, fold it in half and seam the sides and arms. It would work out perfectly, if I had a giant hump back and thin little arms, but as is, it's very tight through the shoulders and underarms, and pulls hard across the back of the neck where all the extra fabric lays. I thought I did something wrong, and checked the pattern a dozen or so times, but I made it exactly as written. After reading some reviews on Ravelry from other people that have made it, I find that I'm not alone here. Oh well. It's still wearable, just not the comfy, cozy thing I was looking for.




At least I finished it before the deadline, which is more than I can say for my step-mom's birthday socks. Sadly, they are still not a pair. I'm hoping I can finish them up while on vacation.

Speaking of vacations. We leave at the buttcrack of dawn tomorrow for Tennessee to go visit with the family. I'm really looking forward to some quiet relaxing time away from all the chaos of every day life around here. That, and Dad's cooking. :)

So, dear readers, thanks for hanging around for another quiet month. I've said it before, and I have a feeling I'll say it again, but I promise I'll try and do better!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Barbara/myth maker said...

That sweater came out beautifully, leek, too bad it doesn't have exactly the right fit.

It's always good to be reading you again.

Have a wonderful time away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home