Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wow, it's really here

It's hard to believe that it's Christmas already, isn't it? I mean, weren't we just at Easter? Crazy how fast this year has gone by!

So it's Christmas eve already, and I'm not ready at all. Well, I mean, the things that needed shipping got shipped, but all the gifts that have come in the mail still need to be unloaded from their boxes and put under the tree. All the gifts for those living here still need wrapping. I've got to work this morning, then make a delivery to a needy coworker-- I'm giving J's old bike and some clothes and toys to her grandson. No child should get totally screwed on Christmas, and J doesn't use the bike anyways. He's so big his knees bang the handlebars. :)I hope Santa got his request for a new one. :)

I'm being a bit of a flake, but there's a picture I wanted to post here, just to prove to you guys exactly how stubborn my boy is, or maybe how wonderful his school is...

The Christmas pageant was a week ago, and J's class had been chosen to play the role of "townspeople". They asked that we dress the children in dark clothing and sandals to go under their costumes.

I didn't worry much about exactly what dark clothing he was wearing. After all, it was going to be under a costume.



Now, I know it's a bad picture, but my little camera can only zoom so far, but do you see him? Yup! The one right there in the center of the stage refusing to wear a costume at all and carrying Dino, no less! To be honest I'm surprised he went up at all. I had promised him that if he tried and changed his mind, he could always come sit with us and just watch. He's not much for performances, despite his ham-ish nature at home.

So he stands there, center stage in his beach break t-shirt, tossing a dino around while the other children sing and look so sincere. Seriously, do you see the little girl angel on the right? How precious! And the girl that played Mary? OMG, she could bring you to tears in that way that only a 4 year old actress could. She was beyond words sweet.

And then we get to the part where they sing "Mighty Day", and my kid whips a harmonica out of his pocket and starts totally rocking it. I wanted to bury my head, but at the same time I was laughing my butt off because these are the moments that we're going to remember forever. It's what makes J who he is. And honestly, besides putting a tiny kink in the preschool play, what was he hurting?

I went to retrieve him from his class after the play, and thankfully his teacher was on the same page with me. She adores my kid, understands his quirks, and we couldn't be luckier to have her.

Anyway, I'm off to work, then home to wrap presents! Eeek! Merry Christmas, everyone!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Barbara/myth maker said...

I really enjoyed reading about the performance! Sounded great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home