Sunday, May 24, 2009

Computers baffle me

I've been trying, for nearly a week now, to upload video of J's graduation so I can share it with family and friends. Hubby bought me new software so that I could edit it, etc. But it seems that software now comes in a DVD format, and my computer does not have a DVD drive, so we installed it on his laptop instead. No big deal, right? Right. So I go to connect the camera to his laptop, and imagine my frustration when the camera drivers weren't compatible with Windows Vista!

Can't anything just be simple? Seriously.

I'm going to look around and see if there are any updated drivers available, and if not I'm probably just going to go and get a DVD drive for this computer. It seems I need one anyway if I intend to keep up with modern technology.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Barbara/myth maker said...

Good idea to get a dvd drive, leek. You could try calling the makers of the software (maybe there's an 800 number?)... I did that for a printer .. the software wasn't compatible with Vista... they sent me out a new cd that was compatible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home