Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Striking Gold

This morning Jonas decided to pillage my long-neglected bookshelves. Just as I was about to get frustrated with him, I realized that he unearthed someting I had forgotten I even had: A huge envelope of old family recipes. They were a wedding gift from my mother, and I guess that with all the chaos of the wedding I had forgotten I even had them.

So this morning I have organized all of them into categories and placed them neatly into binders according to category. Wow! What a treasure to unearth! And just in time for the holidays. I've got sweet potato casserole, pea and asparagus casserole, and Tooter's classic yeast rolls. Yum! I've already made the sweet potato casserole. It's hanging out in the fridge until tomorrow. Tonight I'll make the yeast roll dough, and another pumpkin pie to take to my parents.

This is just what I needed to get me into the holiday spirit. A little nostalgia in the form of classic foods. There's nothing that can beat the memories that are tied in with good food, is there?

So thank you Jonas, for being the little terror that you are. I wouldn't want you any other way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home