Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Winding Down

My off work time is nearly over now. Just trying to enjoy my evening before I have to get back into the routine in the morning. It's weird, having my days off in the middle of the week. I mean, it's sort of nice because I can get my stuff done while the rest of the world is at work, but it makes it difficult to get ready to go back when the rest of the world is preparing for the weekend.

The inspector came this morning. I really stressed way too much over it. I mean, yeah, he came, he looked around, he took some pictures, but for the most part, he didn't pay much attention to detail. Heck, he didn't even question whether the air conditioner worked. I thought that would be a major part of the ordeal, especially since I have the dead give away of a window unit protruding from my livingroom window. But nope. Not a single question. And as far as the bathroom goes, he didn't even pull back the curtain to check the shower. Heck, I could have refinanced with the gaping hole and he would have been none the wiser.

According to him, he'll have the info submitted to the lenders by tomorrow afternoon, which means that we may have this whole refi thing over and done before the end of the month. That's a good thing since interest rates are doing nothing but going up. Ugh. But nothing the market is doing could be worse than our current rate, which I won't even mention, lest you guys all fall out of your chairs. It's the price you pay for poor credit, I suppose. But we've worked hard at fixing all the ugly stuff, and according to Pat, the lady doing our mortgage for us, we've done a really good job. We should be able to go with a prime lender, no problems. Hooray!

Jonas took a good long nap this afternoon after refusing to sleep last night. It had to catch up to him sooner or later, but he fought it, only giving in after tossing and turning for nearly 45 minutes. After nap we ran out to pick up a few necessities. You'd think I would have remembered them yesterday while I was out, but I was in a whole different mindset yesterday that obviously didn't include baby wipes, milk, or toilet paper.

So now we're well stocked, and good to go for the next week or so.

And I totally forgot to go pick up my re-sized wedding band today. Oh well, I haven't worn it in more than two years, one more day isn't going to make much of a difference, I suppose.

Ok, so it's time to go get dinner started- just a simple stir-fry and some white rice. I'm not in the mood for anything heavy and I'm thinking that Jonas might even eat it. He likes chinese food.

And finally, just as a cute kid sort of thing to share: Jonas is in love with Mr. Potatohead right now- he calls him simply "Ta-to"- but he can't get to top off the bucket-o-parts by himself, so every time he wants to play with him, he drags the bucket over to me, sets it down and does the hot potato dance. Too cute! I'll try to catch him in the act sooner or later. He's camera shy lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home