Monday, February 13, 2006

A stay home kind of day

Jonas and I are going to spend a day at home together today, despite what the rest of the world thinks we should do. You see, Jonas doesn't tolerate many antibiotics well, and the current one seems to be no exception. As a matter of fact, this makes the last one seem like a breeze. Poor kid... we've changed no less than 30 diapers in the last 24 hours. He's all sore and raw and I can only imagine how it must hurt to have that much diaper rash, despite all the creams and sprays and lotions we've used.

And I can't make myself drop him off at school. I mean, yeah, they have that whole two-poop-policy, which he would surpass in the first half-hour, but I just couldn't send him off where he's going to be uncomfortable all day, and where they're just not going to understand how sore and sensitive his cracked, red little hiney is.

I can't take him to Abuela's today because she's not feeling well, either. Besides that, her and Wil got into a big argument over the weekend about, well, everything, really. And even if she was well today, I don't think she'd watch him, just on principle, you know.

So I'm calling in, and I'm calling the pediatrician. I've already stopped giving him the medicine, but we've had no improvement- not to mention I've stopped an antibiotic mid-way through the prescribed time, which means that his ear infection is probably still festering.

Happy Monday to you all. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home