Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I don't do movies

Last night, as a Valentine's treat for my hubby, we ordered in Chinese and rented a movie off of Pay per View. Now, just so you know, I don't do movies- never.

So with the kid snoozing peacefully, we cuddle up on the couch for War of the Worlds. (save your money, folks) And if you haven't seen it, stop here, lest I ruin your cinematic experience.

Ten minutes into it, all the power is out, the cars are dead, heck, even Tom's watch and cell phone have stopped working, but miraculously, someone's camcorder is recording the attack of the big menacing machine thing.

I scratch my head, hit pause, say "Umm, honey, can you explain that to me."

Silence...

blink...

"Dammit, Woman! We should have rented Robots!"

I giggle and press play. My job is done.

Did I mention that I don't do movies?


P.S. It's almost 7:30 in the morning, and Jonas is STILL sleeping. This may be a personal record, and proof positive that my current work schedule is bad for him. No child's routine should have to include waking up at 5:30 am.

4 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger me said...

Not even "The Princess Bride?" Come on Angie! Peter Falk, Andre the Gaint, Billy Crystal. Ya can't lose!!! :-) Dualing, romance, and evil Prince, a beautiful princess and the poor farm boy she falls in love with. . . .

Now ~DAT'S~ En-th-tainment!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger me said...

"en-tah-tainment"

Ugh!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger me said...

Never have I spelled so badly in so few sentences! OY!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

you crack me up, Mike. And no, not even The Princess Bride. I just don't have the attention span to sit through movies, nor the ability to suspend belief enough to buy into most of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home