Thursday, February 16, 2006

Return

After my five-day vacation from work, I'm back to the usual 5 am routine today. Usually I'm in a pretty sour mood at this hour, sulking over the fact that I'm awake at all, much less dressed and ready for work, but today I'm trying my hardest to have a good attitude about it.

Nothing's changed. I still hate my job, still hate the whole personal drama that goes along with it. I can't stand some people's laziness and the fact that a select few of us are in charge of picking up all the slack. It often seems that it's not about how well you do your job, but how far up someone else's ass you can bury your nose. I'm no ass-kisser. Not my style, nor is it my work ethic. I do my job, I do it pretty well, and if you can't recognize me for that, then it's your loss really.

But as I said, I'm trying to keep the positive attitude today. I'm thinking of work as simply a temporary situation while I figure out the rest of my life. "This is not permanent." has become my mantra. No, not permanent at all. Perhaps another six months, maybe eight. So, walking through that door this morning and knowing in my heart that it's coming to an end, it's comforting in a nervous gut sort of way. Kind of like Christmas Eve when you were a kid, waiting for Santa to deliver the goods. You knew something great was coming, you just weren't sure exactly what.

Anyway, time to get the J-man dressed and finish packing his bag. We've got places to be.

1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Laura said...

heya chica

It must be hard to go back after 5 days and know you're walking into something you hate. i've been sorta there and it really sucks. even harder having J-man in the mix -- I think you're doing a great thing by setting some deadlines for change, I hope that you can pull through on them now that you're inspired to do so.

change is scary, but it's a fun ride, at the very least.

:)

~L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home