Tuesday, September 26, 2006

... and ends to weave before I sleep

I finished, for the most part, the little jacket I was working on for Jonas. It's not bad for a first attempt at something with this many pieces to put together. I lack a lot of the patience it takes to do all the seaming required, so I really had to make myself do it in lots of small bits, otherwise I would have done it half-assed. Even with giving it my full attention, I think I could have done a better job. It's just so boring!

The yarn used is a chunky acrylic thing in dark blue. Yeah, I know--- but let's be honest here. He's two, it's going to get drooled on, spilled on, and rolled in the dirt, and that's assuming that it'll get worn more than twice in our warmer climate.
The pattern (used in a very loose fashion) is called "Rumpelstiltskin" and comes from a book borrowed from the library called "Knitter's Stash". It wasn't the most impressive read in the world, and this pattern was actually designed for use with super thick chenille yarn, and so I had to do a lot of math to get it to work with my chosen cheap-o yarn.

So here it is, fresh out of my knitting bag and all rumpled up, tails hanging out everywhere. I'll be weaving those in tonight and adding some cute buttons that J chose himself.



Anyway, lesson here is that dark yarn doesn't show much in the way of detail when photographed. But then again, this is a very basic pattern of moss stitch and stockinette, so there's not a whole lot to show off. I'm thinking of adding a design to the boring blue back of this, but I'm at a loss as to what to do. Sure I could duplicate stitch something on there, but I'm not sure if I'm in love enough to put that much more work into it. I might just look for a cute little iron on patch or something. The buttons J chose feature a dalmation in a red wagon. Perhaps a firetruck for the back?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home