Tuesday, September 12, 2006

My Hero

I want to extend a great big THANK YOU toGretchen for holding an incredibly successful yarn raffle on behalf of Team Nova. She raised over $300 for the American Heart Association! That's incredible, isn't it?

Last night, just as I was getting dinner finished up, there was a knock at the door. What was waiting for me when I finally managed to subdue the dog and set down the overly-excited child?

THIS!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thank you Gretchen, for my third place prize. Not only did it come at just the right time, since I just finished my officially dubbed "Apple Pie Bag", but I have dishcloths on my holiday knitting list, so this couldn't be more perfect. I can't wait to dig in.

In other related news-- the fall issue of Knitty is up, and OH MY GOODNESS! They really made up for their lackluster previous issue, didn't they? I want to knit every single one of these babies! If I had to pick a favorite, Lucie was the first to catch my eye, but honestly, look at those yummy socks! And serrano! If I thought I could get more than a single wear out of it in a Florida winter season, I'd be tossing the budget out the window and yarn shopping this very minute. Oh, how I ache for a never-ending yarn budget!

BTW, if you have a Tuesday Morning in your area, take a peek inside. Somewhere buried amongst the curtains and pillows and assorted other closeouts, they have a small yarn section and sometimes you can find a real gem in there. I just discovered this over the weekend and now know that I'll be making frequent checks there for new stuff.

J is taking a very early nap right now. For some reason, after going to bed after midnight, he decided to wake up at 5:30 this morning. Maybe this will help get him back on schedule, since I can't see how he could possibly be able to stay up so late after such an early nap. *crossing my fingers* And so, with him nestled in his little bed, I'm off to do some school work and then when he wakes up, we're off to the library. We have a few books due back tomorrow, and I'm going to put a reserve on Mason Dixon Knitting, on Gretchen's recommendation. Supposedly you can do this through their website, but for some reason it keeps telling me that my library card number is invalid. I wonder if the library police have finally caught up with me?

4 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Ooooh la la! Lotsa yarn! That will be so fun. There can't be anything better than knitting with free yarn. :)

*Aaron tends to wake at the crack of dawn when he's gone to bed really late at night, too. *sigh*

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that...Sugar & Cream yarn (or some sort of dishcloth cotton)??? You lucky thing! You could lose days, even weeks knitting the highly addictive dishcloth! Then it will be like your tomato patch--you start giving them away to anyone who will take them. Alhtough they do make wonderful little gifts at Christmastime...

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Katrina, it IS Sugar and Cream! You've got a great eye, chica! I'm looking forward to losing myself. I've taken a day or so off from the knitting, forcing myself to focus and get caught up on other things. I figure that if I have that frantic desire to cast on for something, I'll have reason to get done all the other stuff that needs doing. :)

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Gretchen! It really is wonderful! And thank you, again!

My local library called this morning to let me know that Mason Dixon Knitting has arrived on loan, and they will hold it for me until Monday. Perfect timing, since I have all this yarn, nothing in the works, and I got caught up on everything else (well, except for the housework) yesterday.

I've been thinking of Erin and the heart walk today, too. Couldn't sleep last night thinking of her. I hope that it all goes well, and I'll be waiting impatiently for her to tell us all about it.

And Tuesday Morning- you really have to hunt to find anything great. Last time I was in, the only thing that I found that I might actually use were two balls of Teal-ish 100% wool. They were scratchy, of course, but would felt well, and I thought they'd make a really nice little bag or something. :) But hunting is half of the fun, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home