Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Anyone else got a wrench for me?

Gaahh! It's just been one of those days where nothing could possibly go easily, or even right.

Work was total chaos from the moment we unlocked the doors until well after we locked them. Mosty conisting of angry clients who are unhappy with the fact that it takes more than an hour to work in their perfectly peppy dog with a bit of an ear infection because we have 9 other emergencies ahead of them, most of them actually bleeding or trying to die on us, on top of a fully booked appointment schedule, and two doctors out for various reasons.

Add to that the 400th phonecall of the day regarding what foods have and have not been recalled, and getting into the science of wheat gluten, and whether corn gluten is also affected, and whether it would be safer to just switch Fido to some wacky off-brand Ostrich and Green Pea formula, and whether their pet that died 6 years ago of cancer at the age of 17 could have possibly been eating contaminated food, and the cranky doctors that are fighting over who is going to take the hypoglycemic 3-day-old puppy in room 1, and who is going to try and wrestle the feral cat that just bit the tech through industrial leather gloves into the iso tank, and it just makes for an incredibly LONG day.

Then, finally I get to Abuela's house to pick up the munchkin, only to be told that she can't watch him on Friday because she has a doctor's appointment. Ummm...hello! I've only been working the same schedule for the past 5 months! Couldn't you have let me know sooner so I could arrange something? Or maybe make your appointment for a different day of the week. I mean, there are 3 full weekdays that I don't work at all. Of course, being short a receptionist at work, and having one going on vacation on Friday does not make me Ms. Popular when I call one of the girls AT HOME after a really tough day to inform them that I can't work Friday. But I have no other babysitting options since my parents are going out of town and so is the only friend I'd really trust with him.

What's a girl to do?

On the way home in the car I called hubby to sort of chew him out a bit about not telling me sooner about his mom's appointment, but when I got him on the phone and asked where he was, he told me he had just pulled into his parent's driveway and was going in to wish his mother a happy birthday. DOH! Negative points for the daughter-in-law. I feel like a total ass for forgetting, and for not at least wishing her a happy birthday while I was there just 5 minutes prior. And, of course, a little guilty for being angry with her just a few seconds before. Needless to say, I didn't give him the earfull that I originally intended to.

About the only thing that HAS gone right is that J fell asleep on the ride home, which means that I have the rest of the evening blissfully to myself--complete silence and junk food for dinner.

Of course, if I want to end this on a pessimistic note, it means that he'll probably wake up around 4 a.m. ready to go. Super.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Ugh. :(

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Eve said...

Yikes! And I thought I had it bad with a teething screaming toddler all day. :(

(((HUGS)))

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger tifferny said...

ok the last minute "oh i have an appt and can't watch the baby" thing is the WORST. this is why i don't depend on my in-laws to watch mikaela anymore. they pulled that one on me and my husband and i had to scramble last minute to make arrangements (we had an appt with our attorney and another w/ our financial planner...not appts you want to bring a small infant to).

as far as not wishing her a happy birthday. oh fricking well that is what i say! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home