Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring cleaning, daydreaming

Lately I've been daydreaming about a ton of household projects/renovations that I'd like to start, but I don't really know where to start.

The biggest will be enclosing this tiny little useless porch that's off the kitchen and converting it into a laundry room/pantry to free up space in my kitchen. I'm sure it's going to cost more than I really want to spend, but it'll be completely worth it, I think. I can finally have a kitchen table!

As is, our house is not very storage friendly, and we happen to be the packrat type that have a lot to store. So, we've had to add a cabinet in our kitchen to use as a pantry, since there isn't one. And on top of that, the laundry is in the kitchen, too. Makes for a huge mess in there at any given time, and it frustrates me. I love to cook, and I'd really love to be able to invite friends over for dinner, etc. But, seeing as how they'd have to eat on their laps in the livingroom floor, it's not something I'm able to do.

We'd also like to renovate the guest bath, as it is in serious need. Ahhh, but one thing at a time, right?

For quite a long time we've talked about moving, but with the market the way it is right now, it's just not a good time to be doing such things. So, our best option is to try and find a way to fall in love with this house again, and make it more useable. In the end, even when we do decide the time is right for moving, all the work we put into this place should pay us back. At least, that's what I'm trying to convince myself of.

A friend sent me an email last night inviting me up to visit in PA and I'm having a hard time turning her down. Airfare is cheap right now, so I may just book a flight. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home