Monday, April 02, 2007

Blah, blah, blah

I realize that this blog has been severely lacking in content lately. My apologies to the handful of folks that read here regularly. I guess I just haven't had much to say.

There are so many people that truly love spring and consider it a time of awakening and rejuvenation, but I am totally opposite. Between the pollen blowing around and making me and the kiddo miserably stuffy, having to kiss tolerable weather goodbye for the next 8-10 months, and the dry, crispy, rainless world outside my window, I despise it. I suppose if I lived somewhere else in this great big county of ours, I'd love it too.

But, regardless of the season, we have to just plug along, don't we? And that's all we've been doing... plugging along.

Poor J is about to go stir-crazy from spending so much time indoors, but with the pollen dust covering every surface, and even coating the sidewalks in a yellow dusty film, I'm leery about letting him spend a lot of time in the great outdoors. Already, he's snotty and wheezy. And maybe keeping him in really isn't doing all that much good, but I'd feel like a horrible negligent parent to watch him run about in the pollen-coated outdoors.

Of course, you can't keep an active 2-year-old confined ALL the time, and so we have spent SOME time outside. Here's a picture of J playing with Dada and the big RC car. His little hands still have trouble working the controls, but he's getting the hang of it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here's one of his sitting atop his favorite truck. It's the best $4 I've ever spent, picking it up at the consignment shop. It's virtually indestructable, big enough to ride on, and even comes with two cars to haul. Apparently, it makes a great Go Diego Go! watching seat, too.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On the knitting front... well, there's the secret project that's coming along slowly. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it, but to be honest, I've hardly devoted any time to it at all and keep finding other things to start. And to think that for the first year of my knitting adventure I was monogamous to my projects. How did I ever survive?!

Granny's socks got finished just in time for her birthday. I originally thought I'd have until Sunday to get them done, but then we ended up having the birthday dinner on Saturday, so I had to hustle! They turned out well, though. Probably the best pair of socks I've made so far, and I'm rather proud that I did them without any sort of pattern.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This weekend some random knitting newsletter ended up in my inbox, and somewhere inside of it was this simple pattern for a stuffed bunny. Now, I've got a virtual ton of yarn lying around that I will never knit into anything wearable, so I figured "why not?" and I cast on for him. I've never knit a stuffed animal before, and it shows with this one, but I did enjoy the process, and it'll look cute along with J's easter basket. Here he is, still missing his face. I realized that all of my embroidery thread is somewhere out in the shed, and I'm not about to go digging through that mess for it. So, next visit to the store, I'll spend the $1.00 or so and get what I need to make this poor guy a face.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And that's it. Really. Nothing horribly exciting going on around here.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:05 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

I just turned to B and said, "Um, did you KNOW Bert's birthday was this weekend?" Crap. I'll have to give her a call tomorrow. I'm glad she liked her socks, though! :)
That picture of Jonas sitting on the truck looks like you! I think it's the first time I could really see you in him, and it's definitely there. *grin*
One last thing--I'm sure you've tried all kinds of things for allergies, but have you ever tried eating local honey? It's supposed to be really good since it exposes you to small doses of the same pollen that's making you icky (which would help you, hopefully, build up a resistance). We manage to find some around here at farmer's markets. Good luck!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Thanks Amanda! You know, I'd heard the suggestion of local honey before, but I guess it had just completely slipped my mind. I'll definitely have to give it a try.

And yeah, I think he is starting to look a little more like me. *browine points for saying so* :)

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger tifferny said...

you know my opinion on the "lacking in content" thing. hell you could be like me, bear you soul to the whole freaking world, and then end up having someone you least want to see what you've written actually see it! ugh. lol seriously though i am with you on the spring thing. this is why i am so suck this time each year. the allergies wreak havoc on my immune system, which happens to coincide with the time that all this flu crap is making the rounds and BAM! i end up really sick for a week...except now i have the added pleasure of infecting my infant daughter and taking care of both of us sickies. today my fever actually dipped down below the 100 degree mark. woo. oh and i read the honey suggestion from your previous poster. hmmmm...i am goign to ahve to check that one out. my immune system is still programmed for arizona climate and NOT illinois!!!!

p.s. cute pics of your son! i especially love his remote control porshe. mike would be proud! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home