Saturday, March 10, 2007

Date Night

You know, back in the day Friday night after a hard day at work meant sliding up to a smoky bar and indulging in loud music, obnoxious people, and copious amounts of fermented beverage. Not to say that I was a party-animal at all, but I certainly could hold my own.

Sometimes I think I miss that, being free to go where I want when I wanted. No worries about kids and bills and other household things. Sometimes I envy my younger coworkers who make these elaborate plans, whisk themselves away to the keys or Orlando for the weekend.

But then there is knitting, and I don't think I'd trade that for anything right now. And yes, my friends do look at me like I'm about 90 years old when I tell them how excited I am about this new yarn I've bought, or the new pattern I want to try out. You can see the eyes glaze over, and it's all lost right there. But it's ok, because I have it, and I love it.

And then there is the new definition of date night for me. It starts with a trip to JoAnn for a few things, and ends with ice cream and my favorite guy in the world.





And I realize that I am the luckiest girl in the world to get to share my life with him.

3 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Hear, hear! :)
I love your attitude about knitting. And date night--priceless!

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Eve said...

I felt the same way when I told my sister about sewing my own diapers. HAHA!

That last pic of J is frame worthy. :D

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger me said...

And whatcha got there, Ang, ain't nothin in the world like it! :-)

*HUGS!*

I loved this post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home