Saturday, August 04, 2007

I choose you, Pikachu!




Amanda, my incredible SIL, nominated me as a Rockin'Girl Blogger. Honestly, I realize that the blog has been lacking content recently, so I don't know if I really deserve the honor or not. But it's always nice to be told that you rock! So, now I'm left with having to nominate my own 5 Rockin' Girls, and the competition is fierce.

I don't know if the original creator of this little award intended for it to stay within the knitting community, but I know a few folks that I'm going to pass this on to that have probably never held yarn in their hands, but maybe we can change them. Yes, come to the dark side, my friends. :)

So, here goes:

1. Erin- Not only is she just an all around beautiful person, but she has strength like no one I know. I love her for her honesty, her bravery, and her selflessness. She's a writer, a fabulous mom, and she is also involved in some major fund raising in honor of her children who died from complications related to their heart defects. You can also find her here.

2. Gretchen- Although I'm sure she's been tagged already. How could you not tag her?! She's another one of those all around good eggs. But she's not just all talk. Look at her sidebar! Despite illness in her own family, she's worked her fanny off organizing and running a huge yarn raffle for two years in a row. Not because someone asked her to, but because she read some stranger's story about a cute little boy named Nova (yes, Erin's Nova), and she fell in love. Besides, I owe her one for bailing on MD Sheep and Wool this spring. Sorry, Gretchen!

3. Eve- I've known Eve since we were angst-ridden teens spurting out dark poetry together at Moontown Cafe, which, btw, is also where I first met Erin. We've sort of grown up together, watched each other change and grow, and fall in love, and out out of love, and back in love. We've watched each other's kids grow up, and now we're incredibly blessed to live near each other-- at least for a little longer.

4. Michele- Who knew that there were other knitters in Florida? And who knew that they could be as cool as Michele?! I had the pleasure of meeting Michele in person a few week ago, and ever since, all I can do is think about all the yarny trouble we could get into together. I think we're both scheming road trips to various things. Namely, Stitch and Pitch in Tampa, and The Orlando Needleworks Show in November. You with me sista?! BTW, she's got a cute kitty, and a really nice hubby, too.

5. Tiffany- She's not a knitter, but claims that she once crocheted. I choose her because she's honest, real, and right out there with everything that she chooses to share with us. Plus, she's got an incredibly adorable little girl to gawk over.

Ok, there's my five. Now off to refresh my coffee cup before J wakes up. Today we're off for a haircut. (A professional one this time, unlike last time's unfortunate result!) Then we'll be stopping at places all over town to pick up this and that for the big party next weekend. Mostly it's down to the food stuff, and you can't really buy that too early, now can you? Nothing like 2 week old potato salad to get you in the party mood! We're also getting a replacement gazebo today. There's one that we love that was over $200 and hubby found it marked down for the end of the season (not that seasons really end, or even change much down here) to just over $100. Sold!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Michele said...

You think I'm a rockin girl Blogger!? So cool! I feel ya! We so have some cool events to go to. I know we will have a blast!!

Thanks girl!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home