Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Does it ever end?

Just when I thought things were getting back to normal around here something had to happen to throw us for a loop.

This afternoon my sister let the dogs out to do their thing, and they got into a scuffle- through the privacy fence- with the neighbor's dog. Now, I'm not claiming innocence on my dog's part here. Kelli is a loudmouth and got the neighbor's dog (also a loudmouth) going. But it was poor old Mocha that stuck her curious nose through the fence for a sniff.

According to my sister, the bloodshed was incredible. And from the looks of my house, and her clothes, she's not exaggerating.

Fortunately, I work for the best vet's office in the county, and we have the best surgeons in the state. Dr. J reattached what he dubbed her "been through a cheese grater" nose in a way that makes it look almost natural.

Kelli didn't go unscathed, either. She's got a puncture on her cheek and a cut on her nose. She'll get looked at and the precautionary antibiotics tomorrow.

But to make things even worse, the damn neighbor dog later in the evening attacked my sister while she was outside cleaning out her truck. Now, I don't want to start a feud with the neighbors over their dog, especially since they're good folks, and their dog has never been an issue before, but do I wait until it's one of the kids that sticks a finger through the fence?

Hopefully lessons have been learned all around.

I'll post the gory pictures tomorrow.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Oh Wow, I don;t even want to know what that looked like. Your dogs have had some bad luck lately. How are they doing?? I would definitely speak to the neighbor. I would hate for J to accidentally get hurt.

So how are you guys feeling lately?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home