Thursday, June 05, 2008

A Public Plea

After nine years of faithful service, my good old computer finally bit the dust.

And while I do not completely mourn it's passing, I do curse it just a little bit for going to the grave with everything I hold dear inside--- like all of my transcription stuff, my pictures, my bookmarks, and my email contacts.

I'm still hopeful that hubby can wave some sort of magic wand over the hard drive and make some of the stuff reappear, but as the weeks go by with no action, I am now putting out there a public plea...

If you were once in my address book, and occasionally enjoy a message from me, please, oh please, oh pretty pretty please, send me an email at mommyleek at gmail dot com, or mommyleek at cfl dot rr dot com, so that I might recover at least some of the addresses I've lost.

Further, if I seem to have been ignoring your blog for the past few months, I'd really appreciate dropping a link in the comments so that I might rebuild my bookmark folder.

Thank you.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Michele said...

That sucks...You really should create an igoogle page. You have your email in one window, and google reader in another with all your blog's stored there. It always shows you when there is a new post on any of them.

Good luck rebuilding your stuff...how long for the transcription stuff?

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger me said...

Just got back into town earlier today from a week off. Wonderful about the package Angie from Dougie and Laura ('wonder what he'd think if he knew I just called him, "Dougie.")

And sorry about the computer thingy.

Hugs hon and hope we have a MTC convention one day. I'd try like the dickens to make that.

March of this year was three years since I began posting there and I still visit on occasion.

Hope the computer issues resolve themselves and take good care!

*MWAHS!*

Mikey
MikeC16958@gmail.com

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Erin said...

emonahan@carolina.rr.com

and if you can afford the postage, Scott can -with 99% assuredness- rescue all your beloved info (even your address book I think :) ) and burn it to disc...

drop me a line sweetie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home