Thursday, July 31, 2008

The dark side

I've become bored with my knitting lately. There. I said it. It's not that there aren't a million things I'd like to knit, because there are. It's just that I made myself promise that I'd pay some attention to a few languishing projects before casting on for new ones.

Holding true to that, I've not cast on for anything new. Of course, that means that I've also not been knitting much at all.

Instead, I've been crocheting. *gasp* I know. But we all know that crochet is not knitting, and therefore doesn't count as 'cheating' on my UFOs, right? Besides, it's been sort of fun learning a whole new craft. And it goes so quickly in comparison. I haven't tackled anything monstrous yet-- just some little toys. But they're total instant gratification, and I can't seem to stop.

I've sort of lost motivation for a lot of things lately- crafting just being one of the small things. I can't seem to find the energy to do a lot of things-- housework, school stuff, real work, it's all suffering, but I'm not sure how to get myself out of this rut.

Sooner or later, necessity will drag me, kicking and screaming, back into the rat race, but for now, I'm perfectly content to sit here in my jammies at an hour completely unbecoming, and do absolutely nothing.

I did manage to spin about 1 oz of some pretty cranberry roving yesterday, though. Maybe there's hope.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Michele said...

I hear ya! I have been really uninspired by my knitting lately, and since I already dislike housework, it had been lagging. I always find something better to do. Maybe a fun girls day to inspire us?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home