Sunday, July 27, 2008

A beaver says what?

I'm in the bathroom this morning brushing my teeth. J's on my bed with a few of his stuffed animals. I'm half-listening to their teddy bear dialog and his imagined scenarios until suddenly I hear "Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!"

Now, just an hour earlier, when he dropped his entire bowl of cereal, milk and all, on my freshly swept and mopped kitchen floor, I may have, in the silentest of whispers, uttered the same word somewhere in the vicinity of his keen earshot.

"Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!" he says again.

I steel myself and sweetly say, "Hey honey, I know you heard Mama say that word this morning, but I shouldn't have said it. It's an ugly word, and we shouldn't use it, ok?"

He looked up at me very matter-of-factly, holds forth the stuffed critter who has broken the language rule, and asks, "But Mama, what else is the beaver going to say?"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Ha Ha, so What was your answer to that one? He's too cute.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Awesome! I remember Aaron saying the same thing in the bathtub once and it was because he was making a dam out of his toys to stop the water from draining out. Ah, innocence. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home