Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Movement

My long-time online friend and all-around good guy, Mike posted a request the other day for everyone to list 10 good things about him. His goal is to place these lists of good qualities into a 'self esteem folder' to refer to from time to time.

Now maybe that sounds sort of corny, or silly, or whatever. But it got me to thinking, how often do we actually take the time to tell people around us something good about themselves? I bet that if you think about it, it's not all that often. We have no problem complaining about things... bad days at work, the price of gas, something that someone screwed up at the office... but do we stop to say things like "You know, you're really good at communicating with clients," or simply, "I love that yellow shirt on you!" Or even just a "You look really nice today."

I'll bet you it's not nearly as often as you find reason to be negative.

And so I'll put this challenge out there to all of you: Make it a point every day to point out to someone something about them that you appreciate. I promise you. When you make their day, I bet, in some small way, you'll make yours better, too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home