Monday, October 27, 2008

J goes on a field trip

I use that term very loosely. Because his school is small and is only Pre-K, they don't have the required insurance etc. to take the kids on a proper field trip. So, if a kid's going to attend, a parent has to take them. No big deal, except that mapquest lies like a dirt dog and leaves nervous mothers stranded in bad areas completely lost and clueless.

We'll leave it at that.

We arrived late, which suited Jonas just fine. He would have preferred that we simply turn around and go home. But I'll be damned if I'm going to drive 2 1/2 hours somewhere only to give up.

So, Green Meadows was nice, and the day was perfect for a petting farm. But our tour guide was a total waste of time. Why they'd hire someone who hates kids and knows nothing about animals to work at a place full of both baffles me, but there you have it.

And did I mention that my kid refused to pet, or even look at, any of the animals. The closest we came was the last pen we stopped at on our way out-- a little pot bellied pig. Go figure. No fuzzy ducks or cute little goats for my boy!

It wasn't a total loss, though. They had tractors to climb on, and a hay ride, and a lame-o train that circled around a couple of acres of completely empty enclosures. All of those things ranked high on J's list of entertainment.

I was going to do a cute little narrative of the day, but I'll just pile a heap of pictures here and call it done. I'm honestly too tired to do it much justice.


Obligatory sheep photo




Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Blogger The Amy said...

Oh man, the picture of J in the cut-out "holding" the pig? Is priceless. :D

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Eve said...

I can't believe how big he is getting. And "Farmer Jonas" is too cute.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Barbara/myth maker said...

Beautiful photos of Jonas... I can't believe how grown up he's getting!
Myth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home