Monday, November 03, 2008

Going around

Guess who's got the chills, aches, and a sore throat today?

Yup.

Entirely my fault. But who can resist kissing and snuggling with a sick baby boy?

But we all know that moms don't have time to get sick, so I'm just going to press on and pretend all is right with the world.

And on an entirely different subject... tomorrow's election day. Go out and vote.

That's about as political as I'll get here, I promise. And to be honest, I'm not sure how I'm going to manage to do it. Right now I'm working on just finding someone to watch my kid so I can go to work. J's school is a polling place, and so there's no school for him tomorrow.

The grandparents will watch him, but they want to go vote, too. And, while Abuelo drives (god help us!) he refuses to drive with J in the car. He's just too nervous. And while that's absolutely fine with me-- him not driving around with my son in tow all the time, it makes it kind of difficult when I'm scheduled to work every single hour that the polling locations are open. So, while I could be late back from lunch and drive all the way across town in order to vote myself, I can't seem to find a way around the grandparents voting unless he'll simply man up and realize that he CAN drive the 2 miles it takes to get to city hall with a chatty 4-year-old in the back seat. Why does EVERYTHING have to be so difficult. I mean seriously... these are the silly things I have to deal with on a daily basis.

And now I'm going to go cast on a pair of socks, or a scarf, or some other fairly mindless and small project in preparation for my long lunch hour of standing in line.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Barbara/myth maker said...

Why am I not surprised. :) I do hope you feel better soon, leek.

and hang in there,
myth

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Dang those germs! :(
I'm glad you will vote, anyway, even if it is horribly inconvenient.
I wish everyone would go to mail-in ballots like OR. Seems like it could solve a lot of problems.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

Mail-in ballots would be a great solution. Not sure why we don't have those. I honestly thought that I had today off work. Otherwise, I would have requested an absentee ballot. Well worth the two stamps it would have cost me, instead of the headache, lost time at work (where I don't accrue personal leave time), half a tank of gas, and the frustration of standing in line.

Oregon must be filled with geniuses. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home