Monday, November 10, 2008

Becoming a Hooker

It starts out innocently enough. You'll just give it a try-- see how you like it. Then you fall in love with the nearly instant gratification of your work, and you just can't stop.

Yep, that's right. I've become a hooker. So much so that my poor knitting needles are starting to feel jealous.

Who would have thought that a simple little amigurumi cupcake made for your niece's birthday could turn you into a full blown crochet addict?


And before all of my knitterly friends roll their eyes and turn their backs on me forever, do know that my one true and first love will always be knitting. But it sure is helping me put a dent in my holiday gift list! I'm not a very fast knitter, and if left to knit something for all the folks on my list, I'd be in big trouble. Adding crochet into the mix allows me to knock out lots of the 'smaller' gifts so that I stand a slightly delusional chance of getting the 'bigger' knitting things done.



Labels:

4 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Barbara/myth maker said...

And you sure are doing some beautiful stuff with it! Speed is what's so cool about crochet, I think. The baby layette is so pretty.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Look at you go! That Spidey blanket is so awesome. :)

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

lovely work, Leek! When I saw your title, I thought of something not too pleasant. Glad to see it has something to do with Croquetting!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger me said...

checking in my dear, just checking in. :-) hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home