Thursday, November 27, 2008

If I hear another #@%$*&*# carol...

I realize that the rest of the world is intent on kicking off the holiday season on this day, but honestly... can't we just skip it this year?

Today I'm supposed to be counting my blessings, showing my gratitude, being all cheery and aglow with the season's magic or something like that, but to be perfectly honest even pretending to do so is taking too much effort.

I cooked the turkey, made the sides, and the three of us sat and ate it in silence, just sort of going through the motions.

That's my theme song lately, I guess. As if just simply sticking to the routine will somehow magically lead me out of the rut I'm in.

*shrug*

If I were a drinker I'd be sauced right now. But I'm not, so I'm not. I suppose that sooner or later just going through the motions is going to stop being enough and something will have to give. I'm not ready to speculate on just what that might be right now.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Barbara/myth maker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Barbara/myth maker said...

(((Leek))) Hang in there!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger me said...

*HUGS!* as well from yer lil pal Mikey, Ang.

Anyone with any sensitivity at all knows the whole "you're supposed to feel, act, think this way at this time of year" is a load of crap.

We carry on and we fight the fight. And one day whenever that day comes, a feeling, a thought, an angel's whisper will give us that day when it's okay to feel it and we'll delight in ourselves that "Damn straight I felt the spirit and I really don't care who sees me loopy or happy or thrilled or touched or moved!"

I hope we both have that day, or a coupla days, repeatedly.

And soon, hon.

my love to you

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

there will be better days, Leek!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home