Saturday, November 22, 2008

No reason to panic

Do you know how many days we have left until Christmas? 33. Yep... only 33 days left, and how many of my Christmas gifts have I completed? Ummm... 2.

That's not to say that I don't know what I'm making, or don't have the supplies to make what I'm making, because for the most part I do. But where has all the time gone? 33 days to finish everything. It seems impossible! Especially when you take into consideration the fact that I'll need to finish them a week early in order to get them to their recipients on time. Then go ahead and subtract out the days I work, since those are days where I can't possibly pick up a hook, needle, hoop, pair of pliers, or any other craft device. That leaves me about 13 days to actually get everything done.

If I had nails I'd bite them all off.

So, if any of you lovely folks get a small little package from me with an IOU stuck inside, please understand. It's not that I don't love you enough to finish your stuff on time, it's just that I am a horrible procrastinator, and while I've known since (what? February?) that I was going to make you something, I didn't actually start until about October. Forgive me, please?

And just to prove that I really AM working on something, but without giving much away, here are some fairly cryptic pictures.



And J is all excited about helping, too. So much so that he insisted I buy him his own needles and yarn. I'll make him a knitter yet!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, Jonas is seriously cute. He's concentrating so hard! :)
I am right there with you, sis. I've made a couple little things, but I keep forgetting that I don't have until Dec25 to do everything. More like a week or so beforehand. Yikes!
*off to the craft store*

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Erin said...

*sigh*

Now you'vedoneit. You've started the countdown. *shakes head*

We pulled out the tree and lights this evening. Not a single strand of lights (all of which were bought brand new last Christmas) work. OK, not true... 2 blue strands work.

I'msuddenlt stressed.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Erin said...

apparently, so stressed that my space bar is too much work for me! Sheesh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home