Saturday, April 16, 2005

Randomness

My brother and his family finally arrived from Oregon. It's been fun seeing them again, and I can't believe how much Aaron has grown! He's such a smart baby, too.

It was really cute last night. We were all sitting around on the back porch, and Kelly, my parent's dog, ran out through her doggie door. Aaron, never having seen a doggie door before, had to explore this cool new contraption.

After a while, Kelly came back onto the porch, but Aaron was still figuring out how this thing worked, so he was pulling the flaps to the side and sticking an arm or a leg through. Finally he got brave enough to step totally out through it, and squealed with delight at the fact that he was "owside." About that time Kelly decided she needed to go bark at the dog next door and went charging for the door. Just as she was about to leap through, Aaron pulled the flaps open and burst through. Poor Kelly was totally freaked out! She ducked down, tucked her tail and ran to hide behind Dad. I guess the thought never occured to her that someone or something else could come through her door.

So it's Saturday today, and for the first time in a month, I don't have to work. Of course, Wil is on call, and has 45 deliveries, so I probably won't see him the rest of the day. That's ok though. Me and Jonas are going to go and have a mommy/baby day. It's beautiful out today. The high is going to be about 74. Beautiful weather for a stroll around the park. I'm also going to go to the fabric store and splurge a little. I've got a really cute quilt pattern and I'm determined to make one for each of the kids before Christmas. Any of you who know me, know that I am the worlds worst procrastinator. If I don't start now, I don't stand a chance.

I've been pretty good about sticking to my diet. I haven't been able to get as much exercise as I'd hoped to, but there are only so many hours in a day. By the time I get Jonas from daycare in the afternoons, get home, take the dog out, and start dinner, it's really too late. Besides, we live in an area where sidewalks are rare, and I don't feel safe walking with Jonas in his stroller along the side of the road. Can you blame me for being an over-protective mom? I also have a brand new bike. It's been ridden twice, and not even by me. But I can't exactly go out and ride and leave J-man here alone. So the bike has to wait for a weekend when Wil's home too.

But like I said, I've done pretty good with my dieting. I've given up all sweets, all greasy foods. I'm actually measuring out portions rather than heaping the food on. It's really not all that hard, once you start. It's those first few days when your body is craving all the junk that are the hardest. When I do have a sweet tooth, I reach for a bit of Steven's cereal instead of the chips ahoy. A figure a handfull of Cookie Crisp has got to be better for you than a couple of chocolate chip cookies, right?

So the numbers now are:

Bust: 38"
Waist: 35 1/2"
Hips: 41"

Weight: 174 (as of thursday)

I've only lost a pound according to the scale, but the measurements are what make me proud. I think that's a significant change in such a short time. Last night I wore one of my favorite pairs of pants and they actually fit me well! Yay!

Anyway, I've got to get me and J-man in the shower. Gotta get to the bank before one, and gotta get to the post office before 12. Car payment is due on the 19th!

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Wow Ang!
Just one pound, but what, 5 inches total? Excellent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home