Thursday, May 19, 2005

Everybody out of the pool!

The girl that watches Jonas is having a pool put in over the next month or so. I can't tell you how nervous this makes me. I know that she'd never intentionally allow the baby to go for a swim, but all it would take is for one of the bigger kids to leave the door cracked. That, among other things, is the reason I'm now on the hunt for a new daycare. Not to mention, it's not helping with my desire to be a stay at home mom. I mean, who can you trust to watch your kids?

Yesterday I went and picked him up early and found him in a playpen in a closet. Yes, you heard me right, in a CLOSET! No light, no baby monitor. What if he had choked or something? There's no way she would have heard him. It also makes me wonder how often he spends time this way. Her excuse was that he was napping and she wanted him to have some quiet time. WTF?! Did I also mention that his diaper was incredibly soiled? As in... it looked like he was still wearing the same one I dropped him off in!

I was so pissed I didn't even have the words to tell her what I thought.

He's with his grandparents today. That's not an ideal situation either, but at least I know that they won't be putting him in any closets.

So tomorrow I'm faced with either sending him back to daycare, or quitting my job. Neither of which seem like workable plans. What's a girl to do? Even if I somehow found a new daycare tonight, they certainly wouldn't take him until I had all of the paperwork in order. And finding anywhere that has an opening for an infant is next to impossible.

And it breaks my heart to think that I trusted her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home