Tuesday, May 10, 2005

My son is a wild man!

It's funny how parents can't wait for their children to reach milestones, only to miss the previous stages once they're there.

Jonas has learned to crawl in the past week or so and now there's no stopping him. Today alone he has managed to bonk his head on three separate surfaces, smash his fingers under the rocking chair, and narrowly escaped pulling the side table over on top of him.

Those of you without children have no idea how difficult it is to truly child-proof your home. Those of you with kids, you feel my pain. Sure, I've got the outlets covered, and the cabinets locked, but who knew that things as innocent as a pair of sandals left by the front door would seem like such an attractive nuissance to a newly mobile baby?

And he never stops. Jonas is on the move every moment that he's awake. A toy holds his interest only for a moment, but a speaker stand that might tip over and brain him... now that's entertainment! How is it that a baby knows exactly what is and what isn't potentially dangerous, and can consistently return to the dangerous item time and again?

Yes, I miss the days when I could lay him on his mat on the floor and step into the kitchen without worrying that I might find him nibbling on litter box goodies upon my return!

Can't a mother have a break?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home