Friday, April 29, 2005

Hooray Steve-o!

My nephew, Steven presented me with a paper brought home from school the other day. It informed me that his story, "J-bomb and the Seasnakes", had won first place for the entire k-2 section of the competition. He's being honored in an awards ceremony, and is being sent to Viera to present his book to the school board in a week or so.

I'm so proud of him that it brings tears to my eyes. There's never been a doubt in my mind that he's the smartest damn kid in the world, but now the rest of the world knows it, too. And on top of that, I feel especially proud because it's the first school project that he's ever come to me for help with.

Hopefully his success with this will inspire him to write more often. Nothing would please me more than to see him to grow up a writer, just like I always wanted to be. Maybe there will be one shining star in this family, eh? I don't mind a bit living vicariously through his words. :)

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Laura said...

hee hheee that's so neat, I love the title.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home