Friday, May 27, 2005

Fuck Equity

Can I say fuck in here?

Of course I can, it's my blog! Silly me.

Been one of those days. I'm feeling disjointed, as if the whole world is about a second and a half ahead of me.

Wil called me at work this morning.

"Honey, I have good news and bad news for you."

"Aww hell, give me the bad news first."

"Well, I was in the shower this morning,"

this could be interesting

"and I leaned against the wall, and fell through."

Stifling my laughter at that image

"Are you ok dear?"

"Yeah, but the wall is gone."

"And the good news is?..."

"The realtor called today, there's a house nearby in our price range. It belongs to some old lady who's going into a nursing home. They're selling cheap."

"Well hell, make us an appointment!"


Let's see here... we finally got our roof put on. One big accomplishment. But now look at all the other stuff that's falling apart. (Literally)

The a/c, the stucco, the carpet in the master bedroom, the shower, we need to paint the exterior, replace the hinge on the shed door, re-screen the front door, replace the reverse osmosis under the kitchen sink, fix the water softener. How much is that all going to run?

Even if we do all the work ourselves, we're talking thousands and thousands. And that's just to fix it enough to put it on the market.

The wall in the bathroom is trash. We're going to have to gut it, tear out all the tile, drywall it, re-tile it, re-grout it. Who knows how extensive the damage is in there. Is this hurricane damage that is just now becoming evident, or a problem that's been brewing for years? What does the rest of the house look like behind the walls?

Oh dear god!

I'm ready to call the "We buy ugly houses" people, take whatever they offer and get the hell out of Dodge! Fuck equity. By the time we make the repairs and then hire an agent and pay a commission and closing costs and go through the hassle of keeping the place showable, there won't be anything left anyway.

So tomorrow, instead of taking our son to the zoo like we originally planned, we'll be house hunting. Oh joy!

2 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Erin said...

so, how'd it go!?

Don't tell him that I'm STILL giggling at that image ok? Buck naked, wet, spattered with drywall bits... in the yard. Yeah - why did he lean against the wall anyway? lmao Sorry Shhh...

Move where there aren't so many hurricanes Ang!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

LMAO! The damage wasn't THAT extensive! He managed to keep the outer wall intact! Thank God for small favors, eh?

At least now we know where THAT SMELL is coming from. All this time we thought the cats had been leaving offerings in the closet or something, and it was really the drywall rotting away behind the tile.

Ugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home