Sunday, May 22, 2005

Just in time!

We finally have a roof! Yay! I can't tell you how exciting it is to hear the hum and clack of nail guns at 6 in the morning. Now, just in time for hurricane season, we have a brand new beautiful roof.

It's not until you've lived for nearly a year with a tarp flapping in the wind that you truly realize the beauty of a dimensional shingle.

Brian and George worked their butts off over this weekend, and I can't thank them enough for everything they did for us. Not only did they replace the roof, as if that weren't enough, but they also patched the stucco that was damaged, cleaned out all the gutters and took down the christmas lights that have been there since 1997! The stucco job is not a permanent fix, but it buys us some time to save the money for the real job.

Funny, just when this house is starting to look like a home again, and we're considering moving. We still haven't come to any real conclusions, but the thought of living through the construction if we decided to add on to this house seems overwhelming. Especially with a newly walking toddler on our hands. It's hard enough just keeping him out of harm's way now. Imagine trying to keep him safe around a construction site! We'd most certainly have to spend the time living in a hotel or something.

So anyway... that's the weekend's news. A roof doesn't really seem like much to celebrate about, but for us, it's an incredible accomplishment.

And speaking of accomplishments... I am now down to 160 lbs. Still about 10 lbs. away from my goal, but damn have I come a long way from the 180 something that I was a few months ago!

And now I just need to join a gym and tone up some of this flabby skin that's left behind. Soon, very soon.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Maybe those of us that are dead ass broke 24/7 are the only ones that can understand the joy of a new roof after a year Ang. I can't even imagine how good it must feel. Right now, I'd be ecstatic over a few hundred dollars worth of plumbing work getting done!

Congrats on the weight loss hon! I'm amazed that you've done it so well and so quickly!
*hug*
~E

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I'm tagging you with a meme Ang, the newest fun thing in blogging! Answer these 3 questions and then tag 5 people to do the same!

lol SheWeevil got me!

Total Number of Videos/DVDs owned:
Last film I bought:
The last film I watched:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home