Monday, June 27, 2005

The Solution

A solution to my problem has made itself apparent this week. I'm getting dropped at work. I'll still have my job, but I'm only going to be working two and a half days a week now, and an occasional half day on Saturday.

I was so relieved about the fact that I'll be able to spend more time with Jonas, and with myself that I totally didn't think about the negative side... the fact that that means we'll be bringing home a hell of a lot less money.

Can we survive without the extra income? Yeah, probably, but it won't be easy. We're already stretched pretty tight. We'll just have to make adjustments somewhere. God, I don't know where.

But I've been doing a lot of thinking, and you know, my son is only going to be this age once. Jobs come and go, I can work anytime. Maybe once he starts school it'll be easier for me to be able to work more hours.

I'm actually off today, although I'm not quite sure why. They certainly could use me since one of the girls is out for jury duty, but I'm not complaining. Jonas and I spent a lazy morning in bed watching Sesame Street and eating graham crackers. (Yes, cookies in bed!) Then I dropped him off at school, stopped at the store for a couple of essentials, and then came home to do the necessary cleaning. It's not so bad since I did the major overhaul a few weeks ago. Even Wil has been pulling his share now that he's seen that it IS possible to make this place look decent. So today has mostly been organization, dishes, laundry, floors. The usual routine.

I think one of my next major investments is going to be a really fancy washing machine and dryer. Like the one that claims it can wash 16 pairs of jeans at a time. Maybe then I wouldn't be doing laundry non-stop. Heh, who am I kidding?

So anyway, I'm learning a little more each day that it's ok to have some me time too. Granted, I still don't get much of it, but I take it when I can. Saturday we dropped the baby off at Abuela's and Wil and I went out and had dinner on a gift certificate I'd been given for mother's day. It was nothing fancy, but the time we were able to spend together was wonderful, and we sort of found our relationship again.

Ok, floors are just about dry, the clothes in the dryer are going to turn doll sized if I don't get them out soon, and I've got a quilt for Steven I'm itching to get my hands on.

Later

1 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is probably the best attitude out there, the whole idea that yeah, you are not getting the hours, but you get to spend more time with Jonas, which is great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home