Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The two poop policy

After a long four day weekend, I'm home again today.

Jonas woke up at two in the morning projectile vomiting. I'm talking, from one side of our queen size bed to the other. Imagine the exorcist, if you will. After a couple of hours of purging and moaning, he weakly gave in to exhaustion and fell back asleep... just in time for the alarm that summons me off to work.

So with only a couple hours of sleep myself, and missing my very much needed pair of glasses (I must have cleaned house so well that I forgot where I laid them down), I carted my not so happy, but seemingly better baby off to school. I explained to them when I dropped him off that he hadn't been feeling well, and that I had a suspicion that they'd be calling me. Sure enough, they did.

His vomiting seems to be over, but now he's got the poops. Who knew that a daycare center has a two poop policy? Yep. Two icky poops and you're out!

So we're home now. He's managed to keep about three ounces of formula and some rice cereal down, but that's all he's had all day. His hydration level is questionable as he's not producing much in the way of urine, but the tears are still there, which, ironically, is a good thing.

Now that you know more than you ever wanted to know about my son's digestive system...

I hate when he gets sick. I'm sure no parent really enjoys a sick baby, but it seems that, more often than not, when Jonas gets sick he does it well. Call him an over-achiever. I've already placed the warning call in to his doctor. If he's not over this in another 24 hours, it's in for testing. (Yippie! More needles and cultures!)

God, please let this just be a little virus and not some hospitalization warranting illness like the others.

5 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger Erin said...

i seriously HOPE Doug reads this. He thought I was a freak when I said baby poop is a health indicator damn it. I'm sure he'll be fine Ang, y'all have been doing stuff around that house that has probably disrupted his normal scedule, plus the weather has changed, and he's in a new daycare, it's no doubt just something he's caught.

Hope he's better soon,
ML~
~E

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Laura said...

wow, poop monitoring.

I dated a guy that would have NEVER made it in that daycare. :)

E's got a point there maybe he just needs adjustment. Hope all gets better.

*hug*

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read it, E, and I think that I like that day care's policy. With my kids, yep, 2 poops a day, MAX. After that, hey, sorry, just keep it in your diapers, unless maybe you can get someone else to change you.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Erin said...

lmao D!

How is he Ang?

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

He's doing a little better, E. Still not eating a whole lot of anything, but holding down a little more liquid than before. The diapers are just as gross, though.

And to top it all off, apparently he's contagious! Ugh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home