Friday, September 16, 2005

Ok

So I talked with the daycare owner this afternoon, and I feel a whole lot better about things. She enlightened me on the world of one-year-olds, and how their day was run, and (amazingly) for the first time in nearly two weeks, I got a written report for him today. Not a whole lot of info, but it did tell me how he ate and what and when. And what activities they did during the day. I had to laugh at it though.

"We went outside this morning, and we lissoned to some music." Direct quote. I guess you don't have to be a superbrain to care for one year olds, but "Lissoned"??!! Give me a break. If that's any indication of the level of education in schools down here, I'm homeschooling!

And I felt stupid the other day for not being able to spell Ventriculochordectomy. :)

The rest of my day went about the same as usual... my boss shorted me 30 hours on my paycheck. 30 hours! WTF? I could understand a slight miscalculation, but dude, an entire week?

I did get it straightened out, though, and he cut me a check on the spot for the remainder. So all's well that ends well, as they say.

Wil brought me a rose to work today. It's only the third time in six years that he's bought flowers for me. Don't know how or when or why the romance bug crawled up his ass, but it was sweet, and exactly what I needed.

Right now he's sitting on the floor holding a sleeping baby and eating chinese leftovers in his boxers. Maybe that's too much info, but I was just marveling how life becomes so comfortable sometimes. I really do have it good... even when it seems rough.

Ok, that's it. I'm done before I start getting all silly and mushy. Nothing profound here, as usual.

2 Comments:

At 1:07 AM, Blogger Erin said...

OK I'm totally jealous of the flower thing - mine forgot what flowers are, and any other form of romance too... there's just occassional sex - which always gets me into trouble so... yeah. (how's THAT for TMI!?

Anyway, GLAD you got to talk to the new teacher and that you feel better about the situation with the daycare. No one ever told you that the smallest person in your life was going to be the biggest source of turmoil did they ;)

*hug*
ML~
~E

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Mommyleek said...

heh, at least there's the occasional sex. Even if it gets you into trouble. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home