Sunday, September 11, 2005

This ain't delivery, bitch!

A little known fact about me: I HATE pizza. I think it's one of the most disgusting cmbinations of ingredients known to man. However, my darling Wil loves it, and so occasionally I'll bend and we'll order.

With a wild hair up my ass yesterday, I decided that maybe what I hate about pizza could be rectified if I made it myself. You see, all of the ingredients of pizza are fine, it's just that when put together, and then consumed, the consistency is somewhat like eating a ball of hot, gooey snot. All that doughey, tasteless bread, smothered in sauce and grease. Ugh.

So I started out from scratch, made a basil and garlic crust, layered with organic sauce, freshly grated cheese, and, because it's Wil's little indulgence, pepperoni and tomatoes. I only ate a small bite of the pizza, but it was a marked improvement over the delivery crap.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

For myself, a stromboli, filled with mushrooms, broccoli, tomato and cheese. Now THAT was some good eatin'!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Today, we're going to Daddy Dave's for Memphis style ribs. Yum!

1 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Laura said...

well that works-- specially because if you make pizza you can make your own thing and you're even.

i love pizza, i had a mushroom pizza with three different kinds of mushroom and fresh tomatos for lunch. :)

also - if you bake the crust for a bit first, then top it, it's less doughy.

however your stromboli is making me drool ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home