Sunday, October 23, 2005

Shit

At about seven hours before impact, the thought just occurred to me that the biggest window in our house is nothing more than a sheet of plexiglass held in with weather-stripping.

A little too late, I suppose. We could dismount the window unit a/c and shut the window completely, but we haven't the tools needed to do such a thing, and I hardly think that my sister is going to drag her ass, and Steven's over right this second to help me.

No plywood in the shed to try and rig some sort of cover for it. So, on to plan... well... the only plan we have. We're going to drive Wil's work van right up against it and hope that that's enough to keep the majority of wind and rain from blowing the damned thing out.

It's about 8:30 in the evening and we're already starting to experience some bad weather. Nothing major, just thunder, lightning, and there have been some tornadoes to our south. We're under a warning, but it's not even raining at this point.

And, like earlier, it's eerily quiet all around town.

Wil and I ate a hodge-podge dinner of stuff from the freezer in an attempt to reduce our losses should the power go out for an extended period.

It's going to be a long night. There's nothing I hate more than uncertainty, and that's exactly what we've got.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I can stay up with you and wait if you want, Ang...:) Seriously, I'm not tired at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home