Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, it's not exactly the holiday I remember from childhood, but it's ok. Right now it's nearly 80 outside and here I sit, bundled in two layers of clothing and a blanket. Yep, I've got Jonas's flu/crud. I feel ok other than the fact that I can't seem to get warm, no matter what I do. That and the achiness. Ugh. It seems to be a tradition that I get sick on every holiday. It's been this way all my life.

Jonas is, thankfully, napping. He's been incredibly good to me today, considering I don't have my usual energy. Instead of getting into things all over the house, he's centralized his reign of terror to just the livingroom. So I can lie on the couch and supervise the destruction without having to chase him around.

We're going to my Dad's just as soon as J-man wakes up. I've got sweet potato cassarole, a pumpkin pie, and a double batch of Tooter's famous yeast rolls ready to go with us. This is the first year in a very long time that I've done any of the cooking. It's not that I don't like to cook, it's just that my Dad has always just taken care of it and we've just shown up to eat. I think that Thanksgiving is a bit more fun when it's interactive like this.

Anyway, hope y'all all have a wonderful holiday. I'm off to the couch again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home